This month's free pattern is the “Sarah” skirt, a must-have for your seasonal changing wardrobe. Wear it with tights and boots for colder days or combine it with an oversized tee and trainers for a warm trip to town. You can download the pattern until September 30, 2023. See the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern for the ‘Sarah' skirt (September only)” for this month's promo code.
As always, you'll have to act quickly because each pattern is only available for free download in the month indicated.
Sew the “Sarah” Skirt
We chose a slightly stretchy woven fabric with a classic plaid pattern. The material and the 3 box pleats on the front and back make this skirt incredibly comfortable to wear and put on. Just see how the model is able to pose…need I say more?
We checked the pattern placement on the fabric several times to make sure the horizontal lines matched at the seams. If you need tips on how to align the fabric perfectly, see the article Cutting Plaid Fabrics – Tips for Sewing Various Materials and Fabrics.
The closure consists of an invisible zipper in the side seam and a button on the waistband.
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the “Sarah” skirt appeared in the 3/20 Inspiration Magazine.
This issue presents practical and comfortable fashion, which is at the same time individual. Moreover, it can also be something durable! How about, for example, bringing old sweaters, jeans or leftover fabrics back to life? And for Christmas, there's plenty to discover, from decorations to gifts and wrapping, which makes the holiday season even more beautiful.
Issue 3/20 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online store at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and the magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free ‘Sarah' skirt sewing pattern (September 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions with the promo code SARAH_9/23 in the inspiration shop. Use promo code at checkout and you'll be able to download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration shop, choose the print size from the drop-down list and click “Add to Cart”
- Continue to checkout or browse the website for more designs.
- If you don't have an account, fill in the “Billing Details” and choose whether you want to create an account or not.
- If you already have an account, log in to the “Existing Customer” section on the right.
- Enter promo code SARAH_9/23 at the bottom right and click “Apply Coupon”. A “Coupon Code Successfully Applied” notification. will appear above the coupons section.
- Scroll down and click “Continue with Step 2”. If you added another model to your cart or if the promo code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. In this case, enter the promo code on the right and you will be redirected without entering a payment method.
- Your invoice should be equal to 0.- in your order overview. Read and accept the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and the pattern on the following page or with the download links by email.
If you prefer to download the model as usual from the BERNINA website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With the downloads you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter size on your regular printer at home and glue the sheets together. Make sure to print the design using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the design was printed at the correct size. Some models are available as A0 size, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting and sewing. You will need to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right-clicking on the file and clicking on the “Extract All” menu item. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double-clicking the left mouse button.
Downloaded files are usually automatically placed in the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, device used, and your local settings. If you download the file to your smartphone and can't find it or can't unzip it, try using a desktop computer.
You want to sew the “Sarah” skirt, but you missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern in store, download it and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!