This month's free pattern is the cute “Nahla” children's dress with 3D flower embroidery. The pattern can also be created without an embroidery module and I will explain how to do it later in the article! You can download the pattern and embroidery design until August 31, 2023. See the section “Download the free sewing pattern for the “Nahla” dress (August only)” for this month's promo code.
As always, you will have to act quickly because each pattern is only available for free download for the month indicated.
Sew the “Nahla” dress
The 3D floral embroidery with organza is the highlight of this dress. You can either embroider the stems with your embroidery module or recreate this embroidery design with free-motion embroidery. Cut out circles from organza of different colors and diameters, clean the edges with a lighter (test if you can melt the edges of your fabric before cutting), place 3-5 layers of organza on top of each other and fold them twice. Secure them with a few cap-shaped stitches.
The edges of the sleeve ruffles are finished with a rolled hem, but the bottom ruffles are lined. The dress closes with a button in the back. Béa sewed the “Nahla” dress and if you have questions about certain steps, her article might solve some of them!
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the “Nahla” dress appeared in Inspiration Magazine 2/21.
This issue features happy wardrobe pieces, such as airy dresses, casual tops And skirts. Or how about a relaxing weekend? Quickly take cosmetics, a pretty dress and a change of shoes with you – all of this fits perfectly into the new self-sewn bag. garment bags in this problem.
Issue 2/21 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online store at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and the magazine online or have them easily delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern for the “Nahla” dress (August 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions for the “Betty” top with the promo code NAHLA_8/23 in the inspiration store. Use the promo code at checkout and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration store, choose the print format of your design from the drop-down list and click “Add to cart”
- Continue to checkout or browse the website for other designs.
- If you don't have an account, fill out the “Billing Details” and choose whether you want to create an account or not.
- If you already have an account, log in in the “Existing Customer” section on the right.
- Enter promo code NAHLA_8/23 at the bottom right and click “Apply coupon”. A “Coupon Code Applied Successfully” notification. will appear above the coupons section.
- Scroll down and click “Continue with step 2”. If you added another model to your cart or the promo code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. In this case, enter the promo code on the right and you will be redirected without entering a payment method.
Your invoice should be equal to 0.- in your order overview. Read and accept the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and pattern on the following page or with the download links by email.
If you prefer to download the model as usual from the BERNINA website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With downloads you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter format on your usual printer at home and glue the sheets together. Make sure to print the design using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the design was printed at the correct size. Some models are available as A0 format, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting and sewing. You will need to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right-clicking the file and clicking the “Extract All” menu item. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double-clicking the left mouse button.
- A zip file containing the embroidery designs. Unzip these files as described above and transfer the BMP, EXP and PES files to your embroidery machine via USB.
Downloaded files are usually automatically placed in the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file to your smartphone and can't find it or can't unzip it, try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the “Nahla” dress, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern in store, download it and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!