A few months ago I created this pattern for Doll Castle News, a Toymaker Elf overalls for Sasha dolls. Designed for their holiday number, but it's really cute in linen or other colors for an everyday look. Be sure to subscribe to Doll Castle News magazine to receive your copy as soon as possible and get the exclusive model. You can also order the single issue at dollcastlemagazine.com
The overalls fit both older, smaller Sasha dolls as well as larger dolls made in the 80s.
When I designed the overalls I thought a cute elf hat would complete the look.
Here is the free pattern for the felt elf hat. I sewed it by hand, but it can also be sewn with a sewing machine.
- Cut an 8 1/4″ diameter circle out of felt. I used a plate and traced it onto the marker. I used wool felt.
- Cut the felt circle in half.
- Embellish with borders, ribbons or whatever your heart desires.
- Fold the felt semi-circle in half, right sides together, and sew the center back seam. Turn the corner at the top.
- Use an anti-fray putty to seal the raw edges of the trim.
For dolls of different sizes, adjust the size of the circle.